At Lower Valley Therapy Services, your health and well-being is our top priority.
We are monitoring recommendations from the health authorities and we are open to provide the personal care needed for our patient's treatment and journey to recovery.
We would like to share some details on the standard daily practices which we have always had at our clinics in addition to extra steps we are taking in light of the virus.
Standard practices that our patients have always experienced at Lower Valley Therapy Services include:
- Linens are single use and are cleaned using detergent on high heat.
- Treatment beds and equipment are wiped down with a hospital grade disinfectant after each use.
- Our clinics are fully equipped with hand washing stations as well as hand sanitizer for our staff, who wash their hands thoroughly between each patient.
- High-touch areas (e.g., door handles, common area surfaces, railings, chairs, light switches, payment machines, exercise equipment and treatment tools) are cleaned with a medical grade disinfectant.
Additional steps we are taking now include:
- Training to our staff on increased sanitization & hand hygiene recommendations.
- Our staff will stay home if they are feeling unwell or have had close contact with someone who has tested positive for the COVID-19 virus.
- Increasing the frequency of cleaning all items listed above
- Monitoring information from our health authorities to adjust our plan based on recommendations.
- Decreasing the number of patient we schedule to be in the clinic at the same time.
- Provide e-visit so patients can have a consultation with their Therapist from the safety of their home.
The steps that we have put in place are due to our love for both our patients and our staff. We know we’ll all be better served by taking care of each other and each of us can play a role in this battle with the virus.
We respectfully request that our patients:
- Wash their hands prior to entering our facility and use hand sanitizer in our lobby.
- Reschedule appointments for a future date if you are feeling unwell, have travelled by air in the previous 14 days or have had close contact with someone who has travelled by air in the previous 14 days
Here are some tips that we can all follow in our daily lives:
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and warm water (for at least 20 seconds). Alcohol based hand sanitizer is a good option if soap and warm water is not available.
- Cover your mouth and nose with the inside of your elbow when coughing or sneezing.
- Regularly clean high touch objects and surfaces.
- Avoid contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- If you feel sick, stay home and avoid public spaces.
At Lower Valley Therapy Services, the health of our patients is the cornerstone of why we exist. We look forward to continuing to be a partner in your health and wellness.
The team @ Lower Valley Therapy Services